Animals And Us

Driving around Saturday I listened to an episode of To The Best Of Our Knowledge about our illogical, emotional and often conflicting relationship with animals.

During the interview with psychologist Hal Herzog, author of "Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat...", he notes that in a fairly large study over 60% of those who identified themselves as vegetarians had eaten meat in the last 24 hours. Huh? I guess that makes me a vegetarian. I wonder what Scott thinks about this. (Go to 6:20 in the program.)

As part of the program they talked about one of the first commercially cloned dogs. It was interesting, then I perked up when I heard them talk about how a woman who had her dog cloned had tracked down and seduced an LDS missionary she was infatuated with when she was younger - didn't see that coming (At 20:20).

The program was interesting and I think I'll add it to my podcast list.

No comments: