Lunch with Mikey

I had lunch with Mike (aka Mikey) today. We talked about bike stuff. He told me about LoToJa (it was Saturday) and The Whole Enchilada (the weekend before).

LoToJa went pretty well, even though they had some bike problems (broken spokes, of all things). At least the weather was good. He finished in just over 12 hours. I enjoyed listening to him tell about it and asking him questions.

The Whole Enchilada is a series of trails strung together for a 27 mile romp starting up in the LaSal Mountains at 11,200' and dropping down to the Colorado River at 4,000'. Mike raved about it. I guess I'm going to have to get down there and try it, though I might skip Burro Pass to save time and the nasty drive to get in there, and start at Warner Lake instead.

I also picked up some brake pads from Mike (he runs the UtahMountainBiking.com shop), since I finished off my rear pads on the Timp Perimeter ride Saturday.

No comments: