Armstrong Double Play

Wednesday after work I met Alex, Colin, Cory, Rick, Vincente, and Ian for a ride in Park City. We pedaled up the new Armstrong trail. I wasn't sure I liked it because I was so slow on the climb. At Mid Mountain we added layers for the descent (it got chilly up there).



We turned on the lights as we trudged up Powerline to Shadow Lake. Flew across Keystone, snaked down Apex, and finished off the descent with Crescent Mine Grade and Spiro. First night ride of the season and it was a blast.

Afterward we hit Squatters to celebrate Ian's last few days as a bachelor.


Saturday Jolene and kids and I went to a family reunion in Heber at the CAF Aero Museum. Then the kids went home and Jolene and I went to Park City to ride.

Jolene wanted to see Armstrong so up we went. It's a surprisingly pretty trail with lots of trees - I was expecting scrub oak and brush. I enjoyed it more this time, probably because I wasn't trying to keep up with fast guys.



About half way up we got this view across Thayne's Canyon - we'd be riding over there.



Jolene taking one of several switchbacks.



Heading south on Mid Mountain is some of the best trail in Park City.



Crossing over to the south side of Thayne's we rode right through some amazing Fall color via Crescent Mine Grade. (We've been here before.)







Then took Eagle down to Spiro.



It was a near perfect early Fall Park City ride. The trails were in good shape, the air was cool and crisp, the views amazing, and the ride an excellent combination of climbing, cruising and descending.

We zipped over to the Trailside Park for a quick spin on the stunts, easy slope style course and the skills loop. Jolene liked it.

On our way home we stopped in Midway to eat dinner at Tarahumara in Midway. I had the Barbacoa lamb tacos and Jolene a chicken quesadilla, both delicious. The salsa bar has over 20 kinds of salsa. Good food at a reasonable price, recommended.


Feeling restless Sunday, Jolene and I drove up South Fork and hiked a ways up Big Springs. I think we're leafaholics.

No comments: