Birthday JEM Loop

My birthday snuck up on me this year (trying to ignore how old I am does that). We decided to celebrate in St. George.

Jolene had never done the JEM / Hurricane Rim / Goulds loop so we did that after driving down Friday morning. We started at the bottom of Goulds and rode counterclockwise. The start of Goulds is ugly, but it gets better and I really like the upper part.





Lots of plants blooming in the desert. This cactus was particularly resplendent.



JEM was the highlight. Is there a faster, more fun, XC desert trail?



With it's ups and downs it may not have been best to ride Hurricane Rim last, but the views are good and I like the creativity of the route.



Went back to the hotel to get cleaned up. Then had dinner at Texas Roadhouse with Jolene's brother and his wife. Not a bad way to celebrate a birthday.

But wait, there's still Saturday and Gooseberry Mesa. Next post.

No comments: