Ski, Finally

I finally got out to ski.

Steve and I went up the Alpine Loop road from the Provo Canyon side.

There was enough snow covering the road and it was snowing lightly. Skiing up the road there were only a few other tracks, a bit surprising since this was the first decent snowfall all Winter and on a Saturday.


Steve just below the summit.

It felt good to be on skis.

It snowed pretty heavy the whole time. At the summit we ducked under the roof of the kiosk and ate. I discovered I was soaked. I dressed pretty light since it was fairly warm. I should have worn a waterproof shell.

It was a slow drive down, the road was very slick. At Sundance a car had gone off the road and crashed into a tree. It was slushy until the mouth of the canyon then just wet.

At home I took a long shower to get warm again. Then took a nap. I was wiped out.

Today I've been surprisingly sore. It seemed like a pretty mellow ski. The snow was a little sticky and the fresh snow took a bit more work. But mostly I have no ski legs. Hopefully we'll keep getting snow so I can fix that.

5 comments:

kiosks said...

Great Post...One interesting use of the kiosk can be found in the Changi General Hospital in Singapore.

KanyonKris said...

So spamming any site that mentions the word "kiosk" is your marketing strategy? Let me know how that works out for you.

Watcher said...

Glad to see you got out on skis!

On another note, do you or any of your readers have a recommendation for a good hospital in Singapore?

KanyonKris said...

Watcher - Are you telling me you're sick or injured in Singapore?

KanyonKris said...

OK, now I get the joke, doh.