Timpooneke Late Fall

I rode the big Timpooneke loop (Timpooneke, up Pine Hollow, out Ridge 157, down then up Deer Creek South Fork, out Ridge 157 then back down Pine Hollow and GWT to Timpooneke) up American Fork Canyon after work with Ed. We met at the parking lot at the mouth of the canyon at 4:30, loaded the bikes and headed for the Timpooneke trailhead. We were pleased to find the trail to be in good condition - mostly tacky, some sections dry (but not dusty) and a handful of wet spots that were only soft, not muddy. The peak of the Fall colors has past, but we still came across a few places where the Aspens were lite up in incredibly bright yellow leaves. In one spot the fallen leaves carpeting the trail were so bright it almost hurt to look at them. The temperature wasn't too cold and overall it was a good ride. I just wish I would have remembered my camera. We made it back to the car 10 minutes before sunset.

The new shock was not as plush as I hoped it would be. It soaks up the big stuff OK, but the medium and little stuff was rough. It also didn't seem to track the terrain as well on the climbs. Now I can't decide if I will keep it or not. I'll give it a few more rides and play with the air pressure and rebound setting.

1 comment:

UtRider said...

Instead of the SL BST on Tuesday maybe we should consider Glenwild/Flying Dog. I'll bet conditions will be good after a few days.