Sheldon Brown's Last Ride


Sheldon Brown has passed away. I haven't met him him, but you surely get a sense of the man from reading his amazing bicycle technical website. It's obvious he lived cycling, and the knowledge and skills he collected was impressive. I used his excellent instruction to build up a wheel. And I refer to his site often to research anything bicycle related. I hope Harris Cyclery keeps his website up, but just in case I'm going to scrape a copy and keep it in my archives. Rest in peace, Sheldon.

UPDATE: the bike show has a tribute to Sheldon and links to the two interviews with him about fixed gear touring and English 3-speed bicycles.


UPDATE 2: Bike Snob NYC weighed in with a well written tribute to Sheldon.

UPDATE 3: WIRED's underwire paid tribute to Sheldon (included lots of links). Here's a Sheldon memorial blog. Cyclesmith (in Salt lake City, Utah) will have a memorial ride on Thursday.

No comments: