I hope you all enjoy the holidays.
The photo is from our Fish Lake vacation this year.
Our 2006 Christmas card was a picture puzzle - give it a try, if you like. The answers are hidden below. (Hold down the left mouse button as you move the cursor over the area below to highlight and see the hidden text.)
1. Kade is wielding a sword
2. Kara's shoes are blushing
3. Rachel's glasses are darkened
4. Jamie donned dangly earrings
5. Color changing eagle on the garbage can
6. There is a flag on the far right spire
7. Jolene is perched on the tall tower
8. "Krismas" spelling
9. Small window missing on the left tower
10. Dumbo soars in from the left
11. Kris emerges from the moat
12. Nosack symbol on the left banner
13. Mickey's golden ears grew!
Listening to the radio on my way to work this morning, NPR reminded me that 40 years ago today there was a live broadcast from Apollo 8 orbiting the moon that enthralled the nation. During this mission the famous Earth Rise photo was taken.
The poet Archibald McLeish wrote the following lines that were printed in the New York Times the next day (Christmas Day):
To see the earth as it truly is, small and blue in that eternal silence where it floats, is to see riders on the earth together, brothers on that bright loveliness in the eternal cold—brothers who know now they are truly brothers.Seems an appropriate Christmas message.