Mountain Dell Quick Ski

I drove up to Mountain Dell (a golf course by Summer, cross country ski venue by Winter) to see if I could catch the Wild Rose Fun Race. I was let leaving work and the travel was hampered by snowy weather near Parleys Canyon, so I didn't arrive until 4:45. I geared up as quickly as I could and went down onto the track. I could see a group gathering so I headed over. I arrived just before they took off, but it didn't sound like the fun race (I think it was the nordic training group). I tried to hang with them, but I was the only classical guy and they were all fairly fit skate skiers. I kept in sight of the last guy so I thought that wasn't bad. Believe me, waxless classical is a significant disadvantage to skate and at that moment I sure wished I had skate skis. It was snowing, lightly at times, a bit heavier at other times. I did the Main Loop, then ventured off into the Creek Loop (which had just been roughly groomed by snowmobiles), then hit the Lollipop Loop and crossed back to the Main Loop to head back to the car. A nice hour+ ski at a good pace.

(Sorry, no pictures - I was hurrying to get out on the track and forgot the camera.)

No comments: