Only Mostly Dead



I need a magic pill, caffeinated sodas haven't been cutting it. The new job has consumed me lately. There was a big push to make 3200 units by the end of July. I've been putting in 10+ hour days. Saturday was 18.5 hours, then 12 more on Sunday. Can't remember the last time I worked so much. A little breather now but we have to get out another 1600 this month.

Jolene's had some gunk in her lungs for two weeks, maybe pneumonia. She starts coughing when she lays down. We're both sleep deprived and running on fumes. OK, enough whining.

I haven't been on my bike in over a week. Got out yesterday for a short but sweet ride up Big Spring. Took my wife's nephew-in-law. He's from Wisconsin, the altitude was not kind to him but he still had a good time.

Now Jolene and the two middle girls are at girls camp. Kade and I saw Kung Fu Panda 2 tonight. Looking forward to their return Saturday so we can get back to normal (I hope).

3 comments:

UtRider said...

If things don't calm down at work you soon will be dead. 18.5 hours?! Come on man, either hire some more people or start setting realistic production goals. What you're doing isn't sustainable.

Lucy said...

Holy cow, man. That's a lot of work. Hope you get some free time soon.

KanyonKris said...

Thanks for the support. I'm back to normal hours now and there may be other changes.