Family Sunday up AF Canyon

While this blog is mostly about my cycling (habit), I want to mention the nice Family outing we had up American Fork Canyon today. Again, I must note that it's November and there was no snow on the ground and we only wore light jackets (temperature in the 50s).

Saturday, after our mountain bike ride, Jolene and I noticed a trail that crossed a bridge opposite the Timpanogos Cave visitors center and we decided that if the weather were nice, we'd come back on Sunday to check it out with the family. Sadly, the trail wasn't very long. We thought it went up the side canyon, but it only went down to the Swinging Bridge picnic area (note: we saw no swinging bridge). Still, it was fun to get out. We went down to the river, wandered around the paths and made our way back along the trail to our car.



Then we drove up to Tibble Fork Reservoir. It was colder here with a cold breeze blowing down from the mountains to the north. It's a pretty place. We skipped rocks, went up a trail along a small creek, and walked along the dam to see water flowing down the spillway. Kade got cold so I gave him a piggy-back ride back to the car and we went home. A nice little family outing.



I was going through some photos tonight and thought I'd share a few of our youngest, and only boy, Kade:


Future lady's man? (Practicing his wink on Mom.)


Robo-boy! (I was installing new ducts on the dryer.)


The Creature from the Pile of Leaves.

No comments: