California Quickie

I flew out to southern California and back today for work. Got up at 5 am and arrived at LAX around 9:30, picked up a rental car (a muscley-looking, blue Dodge Avenger) and drove north-west 45 miles to Ventura. With business concluded around 2 pm, I didn't have much time to sight see, but was able to squeeze in a stop at the Channel Islands Beach. I resisted the urge to take off my shoes and socks and walk barefoot on the sand, because I feared I'd linger too long and miss my return flight. So a tantalizing taste is all I got.







Back in the car I decided to take the Pacific Coast Highway back to LA. It was a nice drive and took very close to the same time as the freeway (101). The road goes along the cost with mountains to the left, ocean to the right. I don't see the ocean very often so it was nice to see it for miles along the drive. Passing through Malibu, a classic California town, I saw the many styled houses perched on the hills, the various beeches and areas of burned trees from the wildfires this year.







I saw several cyclists on the road and wished I had more time and a bike to ride. All too soon I was back at LAX and on the plane for home. It was a whirlwind trip, but at least I was able to take in a few sights.

No comments: