I Dig Popping

I don't care what anyone says, I find popping (a type of street dancing often erroneously called break dancing) very entertaining. Check out this dude from So You Think You Can Dance (I hope you can stand the maniacal laugh of the female judge, shudder):



And here are two more contestants from last year:





But this early video of Elsewhere in 2001 really blew my mind:



And this similar but more refined performance in 2004:



He's done commercials, like this one for the Apple iPod:



And music videos:



There are competitions called battles where dancers face off 1 on 1 or teams, like this one:



I tried to learn a few moves way back when. I could do an OK wave through my arms, but that's about it. I can't imagine the time it would take to refine these moves to the point where they get this fluid. Cool stuff.

4 comments:

I Am Woody said...

I love that stuff, too! I don't think I have the same muscles that those dancers have!

UtRider said...

Hip hop is my passion. I love to pop, lock and jam.

A Better No Tomorrow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
klove said...

That dance style is so much fun to watch...thanx for the videos!