Quadcopter mQX

I've been interested in quadcopters for a while now. So when I saw the Blade mQX for $170 ready-to-fly, I bought one at a local hobby shop.



I've had it for 3 weeks and I've really enjoyed learning to fly it.

Here's me flying it around the front yard (and crashing it into the neighbors tree).



It takes some learning to fly, but the built-in 3-axis gyro helps stabilize it. The first day I would get it up then crash it pretty quick. The second day I was flying a bit longer. The third day I was having some good flights. Now I rarely loose control of it and I'm trying more advanced moves.

All of the kids have flown it. Here's Kade flying it, although this is not one of his better flights.



It's been crashed hard several times and it hasn't broken yet. I have had to bend prop blades back, re-seat motors and gears, but these are quick fixes and I'm back flying again.

It can fly for around 10 minutes on a fully charged battery. I bought a 2nd battery for $10 so I can fly longer (highly recommended). It takes around 30 minutes to charge the battery.

For more in-depth info, this review was helpful.

I've had a lot of fun with this "toy" and I recommend it.

No comments: