Two Short-Sleeve Rides

Yesterday and today it was warm enough to ride with just a short-sleeve jersey. Bolted out of work and hit the foothills.

Yesterday I rode the BST from the firing range north to Battlecreek via the "alternate" trail. The old double-track parts aren't so great but it has some single-track sections I like. And it makes a little loop at the end of the BST.



On the return I made it up the steep section. (Almost crashed there on the way out - had the Spring looseness and I was going too fast.)

Good to blow out the cobwebs, of which I have more than usual this year. For some reason my knees ached.


Today I headed for the Altar. I took Mouse up, just a little snow but good to go. Here's the obligatory Altar shot (notice the patch of snow is gone from Rick's ride yesterday.)



I went down Frank, which was pretty loose from the thaw.

Then I went down Dragon's Back and took the dirt road back to the Race Course and climbed back up to the watertank road and home as it got dark.

Sure feels good to be on dirt again.

P.S. Last post I promised to talk about my new toy, sorry. I need to get some video to do it justice. I'll get it done.

No comments: