Tired de Kris

Last week hammered me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the cycling and I'm not complaining, but it exacted a toll and it took all weekend to recover. (In fact, I'm still not 100% today.) Here's the recap:

Tuesday - RMR criterium
Thursday - Salt Aire time trial
Friday - 2 hour Mountain bike ride
Saturday - Hell of the North

I had 2-3 naps over Saturday and Sunday and still slept like a log each night.

I ate a lot over the weekend - lots of snacking. I enjoyed the gyro plate at the Greek place we ate at Saturday evening. And the gyozas (pot stickers) with ham fried rice Sunday were delicious.

The good thing is, last week I did 3 things that were on my "2008 Cycling Goals" list - a crit, a real TT and a road bike race. Don't worry (or if you're my wife, do worry), I've got plenty of goals still on the list.

I thought about doing the RMR crit tomorrow, but with the storm today they'll probably be back on the oval - fun, but I'd rather try the longer course. I think I'll take it easy and just go for a mellow lunch ride instead.

Next up: The Cholla Challenge mountain bike race on Saturday. Two long 12 mile laps. They're running the course in reverse this year and the word is it's harder. I faded in the last 4 miles at Cholla last year and I was hoping to see if I do better this year, but now I'm not sure it's apples to apples. Hopefully it will be fun to race the course the other way.

No comments: