Weekend Kick-Off Ride

Mark A. called me and said the foothills ride was on, so I drove home, changed and boogied up to the BST trailhead. There was Rick and Mark on single speeds, uh oh that means higher cadence, especially on the climbs. We headed up the water tank road then went up Betty to the Altar. The trails were pretty dry and getting dusty and loose - not bad, but not as good as they were last week. Mark and Rick cranked ahead while I brought up the rear.

We took a left at the Altar and took Betty's Lament over to Dry Canyon. Nice trail, good views of the valley.



The leaves are starting to turn.



Rick dropped his chain and he told us to go ahead, but still caught us at the end of the downhill - he's fast going up and down. Then down Dry Canyon.



Near the bottom Rick spotted an old sleeping bag, Mark noticed it too, I missed it. Rick wondered if someone were in it. We yelled - no reply. Curiosity got the better of me so we went up to check it out (I was really hoping there wasn't a dead body in there - I think I've seen too much CSI). Just a torn up old bag - no idea why it's there.

We ripped down BST to return back to the trailhead. A good ride. Thanks Rick and Mark for letting me tag along.

2 comments:

Rick Sunderlage said...

It was good to ride with you Kris. I had a hard time keeping your wheel on the downhill.

KanyonKris said...

But keep on my wheel you did. I love that trail - so fast, smooth and swoopy (Is that a word? Well, you know what I mean).