Sushi Monster

Seven or eight years ago Jolene and I were introduced to sushi. Like many people, the idea of eating raw fish was a turn off. But once we tried it, we were hooked (har, har).

A while back we went out for sushi with some family and after everyone had had their fill I ate the rest. A few comments were made in disbelief that I could eat so much. I'm not normally a glutton, but with sushi I may have a disorder. I'm able to hide my addiction for now, but I wonder if I might lose control like Cookie Monster.



Back in May dug blogged about good all-you-can-eat sushi for $15 for lunch. It was a foregone conclusion I would eat at Simply Sushi. Yesterday Jolene came up for lunch and that's where we went (well, the West Jordan location anyway).

The sushi was good. I controlled myself pretty well; over-eating, but below the point of pain. We ate these rolls: Rangoon, Steve's, Simply Sushi, San Fransisco, Arizona, King Kong.

But the highlight for me was the Spicy Upside Down Shrimp Nigiri. We had 2 orders, plus one non-spicy version (spicy is better). Dug's right, they're like candy.

Spicy Upside Down Shrimp Nigiri on the right (photo by dug).


I may have been groggy for the rest of the afternoon, but my taste buds and stomach were happy. Is it too soon to go back tomorrow?

5 comments:

dug said...

which one had the sweet potato? the irish? i love that one. if you didn't try it, ya gotta go back.

KanyonKris said...

The Irish Veggie and Sweet Pepper Veggie have sweet potato. We didn't try either of those - stuck with rolls we knew we'd like. But thank you for giving me an excuse, er, reason to go back.

eber said...

sam convinced me to start eating sushi in the run up to leadville. theWife and I headed out saturday to give er' a go. theWife LOVES the stuff and I was pleasantly surprised. it's suprisingly addictive - I started dooling over tsunami's menu on Tuesday. I feel a date night coming.

29er said...

Our kids liked the cookie monster clip!
I thought about asking you to bring home some upside down shrimp but I have my doubts they would make it all the way to Orem...

SkiMoab (Dave) said...

Mmmmm, upside down shrimp...