Last week I reviewed my 2008 Mountain Biking goals, now it's time to finish by reviewing the Road Biking and miscellaneous goals.
- STP - My first (and possibly last) 200 mile ride. Seattle To Portland is a good route and I enjoyed the scenery and riding with friends (some I hadn't seen for a while). But the final 100 miles felt like the final 10-15 miles of a century repeated over and over and over. I wasn't hurting badly and it was a cool sensation to just keep riding, but the last 30 miles I was just sick of it and desperately wanted it to be over since it just wasn't much fun anymore.
- Centuries - I only did the Salt Lake Century this year. I had planned to do the Cache Valley and Heber centuries, but they lost out to mountain biking or other road biking pursuits.
- Group Rides - I attended a few Utah Velo Club group rides, but not as many as I thought I would. And no BCC (Bonneville Cycling Club, formerly BBTC - Bonneville Bicycle & Tandem Club).
- Road Race - I did the Hell of the North (wasn't the best experience) and the Sanpete Classic (good experience). I also did a time trial and two crits (probably my last).
- Skiing, etc. - I got in a fair amount of cross country skiing. I also bought some snowshoes and got out a few times. Even skied at the resorts twice.
- Night Riding - I did my first night ride with a light borrowed from my brother-in-law. I was hooked. I came up with my own cheap-but-good light system and did several night rides (one more).
- Clark's Time Trial - I time trialed up Clark's trail in Draper a few times. And in a desperate move I got my fastest time going up it (a dirt single-track) on my road bike.
- Triathlon - My first triathlon attempt was September 2007, but it was rained out. I tried again this June, but rain again canceled the bike so it was just swim and run (yuck). But I did have fun at the Fat Cyclist TriathAlon.
- Anti Leg Shaving Manifesto - My posts about shaving legs prompted the most comments.
Sometime soon I'll craft my goals for 2009. Not sure I'll call it goals - sounds so do or die. Perhaps plans or stuff I'd like to do.